A Social Media Influencer in India, has the power to influence the buying decisions, political views, and preferences of his/her followers. And that is why brands love these influencers to promote their products and services. Because they can influence and encourage their followers into buying.
According to the recent study, the number of social media users in India has increased to a remarkable extent in the past few years and it’s been growing day by day.
“ What the internet has done is it has decentralized the power.Heather Brooke
Social media has greatly impacted the lives of the people and has become one of the best mediums to share information and connect with the world virtually.
It has also become one of the prime methods for the business owners to propagate their business ideas and services throughout.
Therefore, people are highly influenced by different social media platforms and like to spend time sharing content and remaining active on them due to several reasons:
- Stay connected with friends and relatives to build strong relationships.
- Interact and nurture relationships by sharing photos and videos and also appreciating the content posted by others.
- Be aware of the current events and things happening around the world.
- Share new information and ideas with others.
- Research new products and fresh content relevant to the areas of interest.
- It has also become a mode of online marketing for the business. Where one gets a wonderful chance to spread the word among the audiences.
- Create a network of customers and meet new people in the group.
- Build a unique identity by sharing innovative ideas and information relevant to a specific topic that interests you, with the audiences and influencers.
We, will, get to know
- 1 Who are Social Media Influencers?
- 2 Why become a Social Media Influencer?
- 3 The Famous Social Media Influencer in India
- 4 How to Become a Social Media Influencer in India?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Can I make money as a Social Media Influencer?
- 7 Which social media platform is good to start with?
- 8 How many followers are needed to become a Social Media Influencer?
Who are Social Media Influencers?
‘A Social media influencer is a person who is active on social media and has built a unique identity in a specific industry by expressing his/her opinion, relevant to it.’
Social Media Influencers have access to large audiences due to their knowledge and expertise. Whom they use to influence them by virtue of their personality and credibility.
These Influencers are fully active on one or multiple social media channels of their choice. And they continuously post fresh and quality content relevant to a specific audience.
Because this helps them to build followers on social media, who are truly interested in the content and always pay close attention to their new updates.
Although it might seem very easy to become an Influencer in someone’s life, trust me it takes a lot of hard work to create your worth in the eyes of people.
You can differentiate Influencers into various categories on the basis of the number of followers, content type, and the level of authority.
By Number of Followers
It depends on the number of followers that the influencers have on their social media page or channel. So, they are basically categorized into 4 types:
They have millions of followers on social media and gained immense popularity through their online and offline activities. Like TV and Movie actors, Sportsperson, Musicians, Fashion stars, and much more… Most of them are celebrities.
They have comparatively fewer followers as compared to Mega-Influencers on social media. But they make wonderful social media presence through content creation and sharing their expert views on different platforms.
Micro-influencers have comparatively fewer followers mostly between 1000 and 100,000. But they are known for their knowledge and expertise in the specific industry or niche and create real quality content to engage the audiences.
Local brands mostly prefer to work with them as they are best at their particular niche and influence the audience easily.
These Influencers may have very few followers but have great engagement power in their specific niche. Because their followers love to read and view their content and positively react to the opinions.
By Type of Content
The social media is fully loaded with a variety of content in the form of text, images, audios, and videos. And a person who regularly posts quality and fresh relevant content is appreciated and gains good followers.
The ultimate bloggers, Vloggers, YouTubers, and Podcasters fall into this category.
By Level of Authority
Different industry experts, opinion leaders like journalists and social activists who own an important position for the common people and brands. These industries have some experts who are respected and appreciated for their knowledge and qualifications in the respective field.
They are known for their work, thoughts, and opinions that influence the audience in a great manner. For instance:
- Industry Experts
- Expert Advisors
- Social Activists
When it comes to finding the right influencers for marketing and campaigning of a brand, you can scroll down a vast number of options over social media.
Why become a Social Media Influencer?
Being famous and popular is human being’s heartfelt desire. And social media gives you an opportunity to show your talent and be admired by the people for your authenticity and knowledge.
A Social Media Influencer can get a lot of affection and attention from people. This eventually helps them in making good money by associating with different brands relevant to their niche.
You can enjoy many benefits of becoming a Social Media Influencer that includes:
- Getting a lot of affection and adoration from fans and followers.
- Great opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise with the audiences and provide them useful information relevant to your specialized field.
- Building a community and connecting with different people who have an interest in the same field.
- Generating more traffic to your website and blog, if you have any.
- Engage with the people by regularly posting quality content and communicating with them through comments and forums. The more is your engagement rate, the higher will the chances to get good deals from the brands.
- Opportunity to make money by partnering with multiple brands.
- Brands can offer free gifts and services for promoting their products.
- Building a unique identity over social media and becoming a famous personality in your specialized industry.
- Feeling a sense of self-esteem and fulfillment by influencing others with your opinions, thoughts, and expertise.
- It allows you to be authentic and truthful with your audiences.
Becoming an Influencer is not as easy as seems from the outside. It demands to take responsibility and put in the effort. Eventually, you will get fame and money-making opportunities.
The Famous Social Media Influencer in India
You will recognize some of these social media influencer that have made a big name for themselves in India:
- Bhuvan Bam (BB ki Vines)
- Prajakta Koli (Mostly Sane)
- Komal Pandey
- Kenny Sebastian
- Ranveer Allahbadia
- Amit Badhana
- Riya Mavi
- Kritika Khurana
- Sejal Kumar
- Karan Dua
How to Become a Social Media Influencer in India?
Social media has provided a huge platform to the people who aspire to share their opinions, lifestyle, and interests with the digital world. These platforms enabled people to express themselves on public platforms and also influence other’s lives with their thoughts and ideas.
Many social media channels like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and others are the perfect platforms to share our views in the form of images, audio-videos, and text and become influencers.
Therefore, well-optimized and quality content-packed social media profile can be beneficial to grab the attention of the audiences and to become a Social Media Influencer in India.
With this in mind, I’m sharing a few important steps to become a successful Social Media Influencer:
1. Select the Right Niche
In order to become an Influencer, the first step is to analyze your niche and areas of interest. You cannot run behind the crowd without any interest in particular fields. That’s why it is necessary to find your interests and chase them.
Your interests and passion define your overall personality and can help you to gain a good response from the audiences. Thus, you should select a niche in which you are fully interested and can create quality and unique content in abundance without getting bored.
This will help you to gain good followers as people always seek for valuable and interesting content and gives you a sense of self-satisfaction.
2. Choose the Proper Social Media Platforms
Today, you have access to multiple social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. But you need to select the one or two platforms that perfectly suit your type of content requirement.
Initially, you have to research your target audience and on which platform you can get more access to them.
Depending on your selected niche, some platforms can provide you better opportunities and exposure. Like if you are passionate about photography or fashion then choosing Instagram or Pinterest is the best choice.
Thus, according to your areas of interest and target audience reach, you can select one or two social media channels and create accounts.
3. Optimize your Social Media Page
After creating the profile on the social media channels, the next step is to optimize your profile to make it eye-catchy and valuable for the audiences. Complete your profile with all the relevant information to enhance the appearance of the page in search results. Also, you can follow these few tips to optimize as well:
- Add an engaging and interesting bio that fully depicts your personality in an interesting way to the viewers.
- Add a cover photo and profile picture to your profile as these are the first components that appeal to the audiences. Ensure to put a high-quality picture with clear visibility.
- You can switch to business accounts of social media channels as they open more options to enhance your reach and become famous.
- Add relevant, captivating, and quality keyword-enriched content and images. To make youir page appealing, SMO-friendly, and able to improve the rankings in social media search engines.
4. Build Content Strategy and Create Relevant Content
The complete game revolves around the quality of content you post on your page. So, create unique, meaningful, and engaging content for your audience. The more engaging is the content, the more chances of influencing the people with your thoughts and opinions.
Ensure your content to be unique, authentic, and attractive so that people invest enough time to view and read it and come back again in search of newer posts regularly.
This helps to enhance your influential personality and gain popularity. Because people always look for valuable content and you should take care of their demands and interests.
For that, build a proper content strategy and involve a mix of different content types like text with images and videos to make the page more interactive and attractive.
- Share your personal stories to give a human touch and connect with the audiences closely.
- Maintaining a balance between informative, valuable, and personal based content can help to retain the interest of the readers and build reliability.
- Try to research trending topics in your niche and create amazing content to share with your viewers.
- Use proper hashtags and catchy captions to highlight your content and are appreciated too.
- Use relevant keywords into your content that are mostly searched by your target audience.
5. Be Consistent and Regular
It is very important to regularly post innovative and quality content for your audiences. Because they say:
‘Consistency is the key.’
Most people make this mistake to post the content once a while and then take a huge break which decreases the visibility of your page. To Enhance your audience reach by regularly sharing relevant and fresh content in your niche.
Whenever you are attending any event or have something amazing in your niche, try to share it instantly. It not only gives the audience a fresh stuff to read but also something new and trendy to experience.
Just to emphasize, Social media is power-packed with wonderful features that you can use to promote your other accounts efficiently.
It is important to realize that you must have a strategy to set the frequency of your posts. Because posting too often can make people get bored and indefinite postings can lead to people forgetting your page.
6. Be Interactive and Engaging with the Audience
The involvement of your audience is very important for your image as an influencer. Whenever you post any content, you will certainly get ‘likes‘ and ‘Comments‘ on it.
In order to make an influence, it is important to appreciate the action made by your readers and try to respond to their comments and questions, if any.
Other than posting content, you can also have Contests, Polls, Surveys, or simple conversation on topics of mutual interests. It will help you create the engagement of audiences and builds their interest.
Then again, providing a positive and personal response to your audience can help to build a sense of reliability and trust.
7. Invite Collaboration with other Influencers and Build a Community
As an Influencer, it is also important to collaborate with other influencers in your niche to enhance your credibility. You can invite and meet new people through online and offline modes by attending different events happening in your industry. Join online business groups and events to create a contact base.
Also participate in forums and fan groups to increase your reach and visibility on multiple platforms. Create content for guest postings and share that links on different platforms you are active on. It will enhance your credibility and traffic to your page.
Follow your fellow influencers in your specialized niche and appreciate their content by commenting or liking to increase engagement and build a community of like-minded people.
Connecting with different people on different platforms may increase the number of followers and also gives a chance to collaborate with brands.
In conclusion, Social Media Influencers in India are gaining huge popularity among the brands and audiences and many brands are seeking influencers to promote their products and services.
So, utilize these steps shared above to make a strong online presence as a Social Media Influencer in India. If you build a unique identity then millions of followers will admire you, your thoughts, and opinions.
The process takes a time and effort but you will need to be patient and authentic to create real worth for yourself. Consequently, you can also build strong relationships with multiple brands and make money too.
In the meantime, you can check out the recent article about ‘How to use Videos to win the content marketing game in 2020‘. Also if you find the information useful, let us know in the comment section below.
Can I make money as a Social Media Influencer?
Yes, Social Media Influencers are in great demand within brands as they can be a good medium for digital marketing. You can collaborate with different brands in your niche and can earn money on Social Media through various means like
1. Sponsored Social Media Content
2. Brand Campaigning or Becoming a Brand Ambassador
3. Participate in Affiliate Marketing Opportunities
4. Paid Guest Blogging
5. Advertising and many more…
There are a lot of social media platforms among which Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest are gaining huge popularity due to more engagement of people and frequent visits. But to start as a social media Influencer, it is necessary to select the channel that perfectly suits the type of content you are going to share and in what niche. Secondly, you need to choose a platform where you can get a higher reach to the target audiences.
For example, if you are sharing more videos than YouTube and IGTV can be the perfect option and for photos and images – Instagram or Pinterest can be a perfect choice.
How many followers are needed to become a Social Media Influencer?
There is no defined number to become an Influencer. But yes, it is important to have a good number of followers to create a unique online presence but the real influencers are those who are known for their knowledge and expertise and people pay huge attention to their views and thoughts. Brands prefer Micro and Nano-Influencers with a fine number of followers too as they are best in their niche, reliable, and have real followers.
Thus, the number of followers doesn’t matter but knowledge, the level of specialization, and credibility matter to become a Social Media Influencer.
Follow us on our Social Media Page some really interesting and helpful content!