Freelancing is more promising and flexible and that’s why many people are leaving their hectic day jobs and switching towards freelancing. Starting a freelancing career on Fiverr can be one of the big opportunities for you as a beginner.
But before starting into freelancing, it is necessary to keep in mind that freelancing is also a kind of job with specific requirements and extra responsibilities. You will have to handle everything from grabbing potential clients to delivering quality services, and support.
Check out these practical tips to become a successful freelancer in India.
Freelancing may seem easy but it’s difficult process to master in reality. It’s necessary to build a strong foundation to attain success as a freelancer.
There are many online freelancing platforms are developed. That strive to help you find suitable jobs and opportunities according to your area of expertise and interest.
Fiverr is one of the best marketplaces for freelancers that provide wonderful opportunities to sell and buy your services and earn good money with almost zero or low investment.
Many freelancers worldwide and in India are gaining great freelancing work opportunities on Fiverr by creating attractive gigs on it.
‘A gig is a term that refers to the service being offered by you at an amount that can be increased by introducing add-on services called Gig Extras.’
The working of Fiverr totally depends on gigs created by sellers. Then buyers browse for the skilled freelancers as per the specific requirement and order the gig to avail the services.
How Fiverr works?
Fiverr is an online marketplace to search for skilled professionals for any services. Freelancers can find potential clients who require your services and earn income. With talent and experience they can earn good money by selling their skills on Fiverr.
All you have to do is to create an appealing gig on Fiverr for freelancing services. And then the buyers will come to you for the services you offer. Fiverr is a user-friendly and easy-to-use platform so that anyone can easily access it and get a suitable job.
This is how Fiverr works:
1. Sign up for Free
Fiverr does not charge a single penny for registration. Firstly, sign up from the selling menu and fill all the details and information carefully to create a Fiverr profile.
2. Create a Gig on Fiverr
This is the most important step that helps to get the perfect job suitable for your niche. It simply means to show off your talent and provide buyers all the relevant information about your services and pricing.
A perfect freelancing gig is an effective way to attract the customers on Fiverr and it should be attractive and informative that the client gets compelled to work with you.
Fill all the information accurately and in simple words so that buyers can easily understand it. Make use of graphics to showcase your services. Because images and videos help people trust in your services more and understand your pattern of working.
After creating a gig on Fiverr, it is also important to update it regularly and market on different platforms. You can do that by writing articles, blog submissions, and forum postings on the topics related to your services.
Also, use social media channels to broadcast your services to the majority. It will help you to make your gig appear in the top results on Fiverr. Which will in turn increase the chances of getting noticed by the clients and more work.
3. Deliver Great Services
You will be notified once you get an order through a gig. After that, accept the order and understand all the requirements of the client for delivering the work. You can use Fiverr services to contact the client and discuss the details of a project.
It’s equally important to put in your best work and deliver on time to build a strong client base and get positive reviews. As they are vital to enhancing your gig’s ranking in search results and high paying jobs.
4. Earn Money
Once you complete the order properly, payment will be automatically transferred to your bank account after deducting an amount as the Fiverr commission.
Start investing time on creating a Gig to get suitable jobs and good exposure as a freelancer.
How to Write a Catchy Gig on Fiverr
We all know that Gig creation is vital to get orders on Fiverr. But how to write a perfect gig that not only attracts high paying clients?
Here I’m sharing a few tips and elements that should be considered while writing a freelancing gig on Fiverr:
1. Define Your Services
The first step before creating a gig is to define the services that you offering as a freelancer. It’s important to decide on the services that you are good at and manage effortlessly. Based on the services, select the appropriate Category and Sub-Category for the gig creation.
2. Set the Appealing Title for your Gig
The Title will be the first impression for your gig. And the buyers are more likely to select the gig based on clear and interesting title that seems to worth their time and money. Thus, make your title unique and descrutive plus short. Consider these tips to create a catchy title for your gig:
- You should be a little specific while describing your service in the title.
- Use appropriate adjectives to describe your service and make you stand out.
- Make it simple and short to generate a sharable URL for the gig. If possible use 4-5 words to explain your services
- Use Keywords for which you want to rank in searches. It will provide you keyword-rich URL and title which is good for SEO and ranking on top positions.
See the example below:
3. Select the Proper Category
Pick the appropriate category from the wide-ranging options that perfectly matches your services. Fiverr offers a lot of sub-categories and sub-menus associated with the main category to describe your service more specifically and clearly.
When you are in the sub-category, it will show you the different sellers associated. But the buyers are more interested in the sellers who have good reviews, feedback, and an efficient track record.
Chcek out the top selling gigs for the selected sub-category to find an idea of how people make their gigs unique and different to become popular.
It will also help you to get an overview of the sub-categories which buyers look for the most and you can make a decision. Researching on the sub-category will be also helpful to figure out the unique elements to mention in your gig to stand out in the competition.
Invest a few minutes while selecting the appropriate category and sub-categories.
4. Optimize your Gig Metadata and Search Tags
Gig metadata is also vital to make your gig search stronger. Depending on the selected category, you can create appropriate Metadata to help buyers to filter the gigs conveniently.
You should at least use 4-5 keyword enriched tags to enable the buyers to find your gig. Also, use Google Keyword Planner or other Keyword research tools. This will give you an idea about the terms people use to search and add tags to appear in top results.
5. Set the Gig Pricing
Pricing is the second most important aspect to consider. Setting a suitable pricing is important to get the buyer’s attraction. The buyers are more interested in reading out reviews and feedback before going to the packages.
Thus, building a strong profile is essential to get high paid jobs. A single gig can have one or multiple packages as per needs. With every package, there will be options in pricing depending on the level of services.
- You can arrange your services into 3 packages as Basic, Standard, and Premium. All three consist of different levels of service, benefits, and pricing for the buyers.
- Depending on your level of experience and work delivery, you can select the appropriate pricing for packages.
- Describe the details of each plan and provide all the information associated with the services accurately for better understanding.
- You can also add Gig Extra to each plan to gain customers’ attention. They can decide as per their requirements and you also get a chance to earn extra.
Like in this given example:
This way, clients will get more options to scroll down and they can select gigs according to their requirements.
6. Create an Attractive Gig Description
Fiverr Gig Description is considered as the heart and soul of the entire process. It’s the description that will build trust, provide information about your gig, and set expectations.
The entire sale depends on a well-written and optimized Gig description. Sharing are few points which you should focus on while writing a Fiverr Gig Description:
- The description should be unique and precise. Do not copy the content of other sellers.
- There is a limit of 1200 characters so try to optimize your writing.
- Give a brief and short introduction about yourself and what you do.
- Highlight the benefits for the buyers and how your services can help them to boost their business.
- Try to describe what is unique in your services and why a client should choose you above other freelancers.
- Give detailed and clear information about the features and perks you are offering in your gig.
- Mention your experiences and expertise to build a sense of trust among the buyers.
- Try to depict your USP to get the buyer’s attention.
- You can also include external social links to your portfolio that appeals the buyers and make you look reliable.
- Mention what you can offer and what not to avoid confusion.
7. Introduce FAQs Section
FAQs are also an important section that is mostly overlooked in a freelancing gig on Fiverr. You can add up to 10 questions and answer each question in 300 characters.
Think from the buyer’s perspective and what information they’d want to gather about you and services and create good responses.
FAQs are the tool to show that you understand their needs and strive to meet them all. They answer every question that a buyer can ask and clear the doubts they may have related to your services. Create simple and clear responses that can build a sense of trust among the buyers.
You can also edit the FAQs and add new later as per your experiences and deals with the customers.
8. State your Gig Requirements
Stating your gig requirements simply helps to gather the information from the buyer that you will need to complete the task. There should be a clear discussion before placing the order will help in avoiding any confusion in the later stages.
You should mention your requirements in the bullet points or you may ask multiple questions associated with your needs. You can also add the mandatory fields. It helps the buyers to easily answer all your questions and provide you with proper information.
9. Boost your Gig with adding visuals (Images and videos)
A visual representation always grabs a viewer’s attention. You can create an introductory video related to you and your services and add it to your gig profile. It should have every detail about your services and what benefits you will offer them with your specific gig.
You can add multiple images, videos, or PDF documents to showcase your services, experiences, and expertise to the buyers. Remember:
- Using high-resolution images to add to your showcase gallery.
- Videos are better than images and increase customer engagement. So add high quality and well-shot videos to explain your services.
- PDFs are also good option to consider if you have something to share in document format.
10. Use a Professional Picture for your Gig profile
A professional picture of you will add sophistication to your Fiverr Gig. The image you choose should reflect your service.
Images are the best way to brand “yourself” as a seller in the market. Thus, click a professional picture of yourself or a service-oriented image. And update it on your profile to make a good first impression of your professionalism.
11. Publish your Gig and Use Analytics to Track its Performance
Now, the final step is to publish your freelancing gig on Fiverr but before publishing remember to proofread your writing. Avoid any grammatical errors as they may lead to a negative first impression.
In addition that make use of analytic tools to track the impressions and orders. With these analytics, you can identify the areas of improvement which can provide you beneficial results. These metrics can be used to design the next gigs with improvements.
These are simply some tips that you can use while creating a freelancing gig on Fiverr. The content in the gig should be SEO-friendly and keyword-enriched. This will increase the chances of gaining positioning in top search results.
Remember, pay attention to grab attention on Fiverr. Invest time to prepare an eye-catchy gig and update regularly to stay relevant.
There are many other freelancing platforms other than Fiverr, where you can win quality projects and high paying clients for your services. Check them out as well:
Fiverr is an ultimate platform for freelancers who aspire to start their own business. You can make good money on Fiverr but you have to be best at the services you offer.
To get good clients and high paying jobs, firstly create an appealing gig and description that highlights your skills and experiences.
Only the gig can provide you good clients so make it attractive and also promote it on different platforms for best results.
1. Deliver quality services and acquire good reviews and feedback from the clients as it helps to increase the sales and build a strong customer base.
2. Always introduce something new and innovative into your work pattern because people continuously look for unique ideas and this is the way you can stand out from the crowd.
3. Introduce additional services as Gig Extras to enhance the interest of the buyers.
4. Update your gigs on a regular basis.
5. Follow a few important tips to make your gig innovative and stand out.
Yes, you can edit your gig on Fiverr anytime. It is also necessary to update your gig regularly to keep your profile active and noticeable. Regular enhancements may help to improve the ranking and performance of your gig.
Yes, in most cases, SEO of gigs is necessary to enhance its ranking on the Fiverr search results. If you create a gig and it appears on the first page of Fiverr search results then it increases the chances of getting more clicks and views and also good make orders.
Thus, it is important to make keyword targeted URL, Gig Description, and Search Tags to improve its ranking. Make deep keyword research and also add optimized videos and images to enhance its visibility and making it SEO-friendly.